Travel CPAP machines can be a great addition to your sleep therapy routine, particularly given the importance of consistent CPAP use. If you ever find yourself spending a night away from home, a travel sized CPAP machine will definitely come in handy. When it comes to the best mobile CPAP machines, Australia has some of the best options available.
For a better understanding of whether a travel CPAP machine is right for you, this article will:
- Explain what a travel sleep apnoea machine is and how it differs from a normal machine.
- Discuss a few of the best travel machines on the market.
The Benefits of a Portable CPAP Machine
Modern travel CPAP machines are specifically designed to be as convenient as possible when you want to continue your sleep apnoea therapy away from home. With everything from aeroplane usage to overnight battery considered in the design of the best travel CPAP machines, Australia mobile CPAP options are outstanding.
Here are a few of the main benefits that you may find in many travel sized machines:
- Overnight battery: Most portable CPAP machines have the option to be battery powered, with some lasting upwards of 13 hours. This means that you can always continue your CPAP therapy, wherever you are.
- Compact and lightweight: Travel CPAP machines are significantly smaller and lighter than the usual CPAP machine, meaning that it is light and easy to pack and carry around.
- Fewer components: A smaller amount of parts means that you won’t have to worry about forgetting or losing anything. Not to mention, you won’t have to waste time setting your CPAP machine up.
- Usability: With many mobile machines having convenient USB ports, efficient app and bluetooth connectivity, and modern features such as waterless humidifier systems, CPAP therapy is quick and easy while you are on the go.
- Flexibility: You will be able to continue your sleep apnoea therapy no matter what the situation; whether you are on a work trip or holiday, camping or on a flight.
The Best Travel CPAP Machines Available
With so many options out there, deciding on the travel CPAP machine for you can be confusing.
To help with your choice, here are a couple of the best machines available:
ResMed’s smallest CPAP machine packs a surprising amount of features into such a tiny product, the most interesting of which is ResMed’s HumidX waterless humidification system. This allows you to leave the distilled water at home, taking all of the hassle out of CPAP humidification.
In addition to waterless humidification, the device uses proven ResMed device algorithms, has an intuitive smartphone app, and is the smallest CPAP device ever made. For a portable CPAP system, the ResMed AirMini does a great job.
Not to mention, Blooms CPAP Clinic offer this machine in a ResMed AirMini Starter Kit, which includes a free compatible mask of your choice.
Philips Dreamstation Go Auto
Another fantastic option is the Philips Dreamstation Go Auto. While ResMed’s option may be the smallest, Philips’ sleek offering has ⅓ fewer components than other travel CPAP machines on the market. This ensures you don’t have to deal with the hassle of keeping track of your CPAP machine parts while you travel.
Another significant selling point of this machine is the remarkable 13 hour overnight battery, meaning that you will be able to continue your therapy whatever the situation. Not to mention, the machine weighs less than 1kg and uses Philips’ smallest and lightest tubing.
Whether you prefer Philips or ResMed CPAP products, each is a great option when it comes to choosing a travel CPAP machine. If you end up choosing the Philips Dreamstation Go Auto, you’ll get $50 cash back and a free mask from Blooms CPAP Clinic.
Ultimately, travelling with a full sized cpap machine is impractical and inconvenient. Having to deal with things like machine size and weight, as well as distilled water humidification and a lack of a built in battery will get old quickly; especially if you travel a lot.
If you are travelling with your CPAP machine, don’t forget to have a solid travel plan; this will make sure that you are prepared for any possible situation. Always bring your travel case, the correct power adaptor, and a compatible battery if necessary.
To find out more about purchasing a CPAP machine that fits your needs, check out our guide below.